Burapha University originated from Bangsaen Educational College which was the first regional tertiary educational institute, established on July 8, 1955. Subsequently, it became a campus of Srinakharinwirot University and was renamed Srinakharinwirot University, Bangsaen Campus on June 29, 1974. On July 29, 1990, it was again renamed Burapha University and later became autonomous on January 9, 2008.
The First Phase: Bangsaen Educational College (1955 – 1974)
In 1949, the High-Level Teacher Training School at Soi Prasarnmit, Prakanong District, Pranakorn Province was established by The Ministry of Education. After that, in 1954, the school was upgraded to be an educational college and renamed Prasarnmit Educational College. In 1955, two campuses were established: Pratumwan Educational College in Pranakorn Province and Bangsaen Educational College in Chon Buri Province. On July 8, 1955, Mr. Mangkorn Promyotee, the Minister of Education at that time chaired the opening ceremony and placed the foundation stone of the administration building which was the first building of Bangsaen Educational College. There were 41 first generation students. In 1956 the college received Piboonbampen School from the Division of General Education to be a demonstration school of the college and renamed it “Piboonbampen” Demonstration School, Bangsaen Educational College. Later, in 1958, the first 35 students graduated from the school.
The Second Phase: Srinakharinwirot University, Bangsaen Campus (1974 – 1990)
According to Srinakharinwirot Act, Bangsaen Educational College was transformed to become a campus of Srinakharinwirot University and the supervision, which had been of The Ministry of Education, was changed to be under The Ministry of University Affairs.
In 1988, the cabinet was agreed to transform its status to become a new university and on July 29, 1990, it was renamed Burapha University according to Burapha University Act 2533 B.E. in government gazette volume 107 section 131.
The Third Step: Burapha University (1990 – the present)
Burapha University has been consistently developed in terms of physical environment, personnel, and administration. In order to do so, a number of new organizations were established and the administration was also extended, aiming for more effective pedagogical management; for instance, Chanthaburi Campus was established in 1996 and one year later Sakaeo Campus was established. Burapha University offers numerous educational levels: Bachelor’s Degree, Master Degree, and Doctoral Degree in Social Sciences, Health Science, and Science and Technology
Philosophy : To establish intellect, encourage the search for knowledge and morality and guide society.
Motto : Gaining intellectual knowledge brings happiness.
Vision : “Wisdom of the East for the Future of the Nation”
- Generate intellectual knowledge and management practices to enhance social development.
- Provide world-class standard education in order to produce ethically minded, specialized, and potential graduates.
- Provide academic services to the society in order to establish it an intellectual richness and self-reliant society.
- Support and maintain Thai arts, culture and Thai identity.
- Enhance strengths of the University through the establishment of highly effective management system making it independent and self-sufficient.
History of establishment – Faculty of Geoinformatics
Faculty of Geoinformatics within the Burapha university, Bangsaen, Chonburi, beginning from the time that the state is under the Department of Geography, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. Started teaching at the undergraduate level. In the course of Science Department of Geography And has revised the curriculum to meet modern needs. The operator continues The Council aims to achieve excellence in the field. Geo-Information Science of the East Due to the shortage in the field of geospatial field of 16 announced by the Commission on Higher Education in 2003, with a shortage in the field of science in the branch network, Remote Sensing & GIS and geospatial technologies addition, the Department of Geography. There are also fields that are essential for developing countries, such as geographic environment. Survey and Urban Planning The disciplines are integrating the various information.
VISION, PHILOSOPHY, MISSION AND PURPOSE
Philosophy: Wisdom, Knowledge, Integrity for a Better Society
- To produce graduates who possess wisdom, knowledge and virtue
- Strive to build knowledge to excel in academic arena
- To become the center of academic and cultural inheritance in the eastern region and lead the society to the betterment
Vision: “Center of Excellence for Geo-Informatics of Eastern Region”
Identity: Geo-informatics for community
- To produce quality graduates
- To build knowledge and conduct researches in geo-informatics to serve society and community.
- To encourage and empower people and community to become self-reliant and responsive to culture and environment conservation
- To develop human resource for higher quality and efficiency
- To manage organization efficiently
- Quality graduates
- Geo-informatics knowledge, researches and creations
- Self-sufficient people and strong community rich in culture and virtue
- High-quality and efficient staff
- Efficient and productive management system