Sirindhorn Center for Geo-Informatics
Sirindhorn Center for Geo-Informatics (SCGI) is established under the cooperation between the Ministry of Science and Technology of Thailand by Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency (Public Organization) : GISTDA, and Wuhan University by State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing : LIESMARS, the People’s Republic of China.
The SCGI serves as the international institute for research and knowledge/technology transfer in space technology and geo-informatics.
- To be an international center of technology transfer, research, including an incubator for space technology and geo-informatics
- Enhancing the human capacity building and awareness raising in space technology and geo-informatics through training courses, workshops, special lectures, and seminars
- Promoting and supporting collaborative research projects, exchange of personnel, innovative applications
- The country is serving as the international center on research and technology transfer in space technology and geo-informatics.
- SCGI will increase personnel capacity in the area of space technology and geo-informatics and raise awareness for all levels; public sectors, educational institutes, and private sectors.
- The outputs/outcomes from various research projects, development, and innovation can enhance our country development.
- SCGI will serve as a focal point and expand the network of academic knowledge and research collaboration with sharing research experiences and knowledge development.
- Her royal highness princess maha chakri sirindhorn
- Dr.Weerapong Pairsuwan, Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Science and Technology
- Dr.Somchet Thinaphong, Chairman Board of Director of GISTDA
- Dr.Thaweesak Koanantakool, President of the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA)
- Dr.Anond Snidvongs, Executive Director of GISTDA
- Prof. Li Xiaohong, President of Wuhan University
- Prof. Li Deren, Professor of Wuhan University and an expert in photogrammetry and remote sensing
- Prof. Dr. Gong Jianya, Director of Wuhan University’s State Key Lab of Information Sciences in Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing
- Vice President of International relations of Wuhan University
Scientific Advisory Committee
- Professor Li Deren, Wuhan University, The People Republic of China
- Professor SUN Chih-Hong, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Professor Anthony YEH, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
- Professor Armin Gruen, Chair of Information Architecture, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Professor SHIBASAKI Ryosuke, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Professor Chalermchon Satirapod, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Professor Guo Huadong, Director, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, China Academy of Science, The People Republic of China
- Dr.Anond Snidvongs, Director of SCGI Sriracha
- Prof. Dr. Gong Jianya, Director of SCGI Wuhan
Functions of SCGI Scientific Advisory Committee
The role of Scientific Advisory Committee is to provide the overall academic guidance and suggestion to the center for technical training, seminar and curriculums, including research development as well as exchanging researchers and experts, in space technology, geo-informatics and related fields.
SCGI building is a two-story building, with 3,892 square meters, and comprised of
Auditorium Room (180 seats)
Laboratory Room (80 seats) or divided to 2 rooms (40 seats per each)
Conference Room (45 seats)
2 Conference Rooms (15 seats)
Research Room (35 seats)